Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love sports. Although I am nearing the three score and ten age (Psalm 90:10) I enjoy most any kind of athletic event. Basketball is my favorite. When I was young many years ago basketball is about the only activity available at my school. So I love going from gym to gym around our area watching our granddaughter play volleyball and basketball. Right now it is basketball. And then my husband and I attend most of the Arkansas State University home basketball homes. My sister often gives us their extra tickets for which I will be eternally grateful. However, last night we needed three more tickets as Mary Kathryn wanted to take a friend with her. Maribeth is always welcome in our household and in our car wherever we go. Jerry went to park the car and the girls and I started to the back of a long line to wait to buy tickets. We have had an unusually cold week and the wind was blowing. We were freezing. I just wanted to be inside in the warmth of the Convocation Center. As soon as we got in the long line a kindly gentleman came up beside us and said I have extra tickets tonight, how many do you need? Wow, how neat for God to provide the tickets free and keep us from waiting in the cold weather. Thank you Jesus for taking care of us in such a delightful way. It reminds me to always be on the alert to minister to others in whatever way you make available to me.

1 comment: