Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Blog

Hi, welcome to my first blog on this first day of January 2009. Thanks to my precious Christian friend, Jill, who lives out in the beautiful northwest part of our United States, I can now write down my thoughts as God gives me the time and inspiration. Though Jill and I have never met, our spirits are very kindred in the Lord. She has been the tech person of my website since she created it several years ago. Now she has been so kind to help start this blog. I pray I will use it for God's glory.

A few years ago, at the beginning of a new year, I was seeking the Lord about what great things I could do for Him that year. He sent me to this verse in Micah 6:8(b), "...to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." (LB) God in His quiet gentle way was reminding me that was all that was required of me to please Him. So, again in 2009 it is my desire to do what is right, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God. From that God can do whatever is pleasing to him as I add another year to my life.

Jill, thank you for getting me started on this journey that I have yearned to do for a while. May our spirits be open to the Holy Spirit as we seek HIM daily.

2 comments:

  1. Micah 6:8 -- just what I needed to be reminded of today. May it be abundantly fulfilled in our lives this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to future post of your thought. Jill and I have been friends for over 30 years. She always know just how to fix a problem when I get stumped. She is such a blessing to all of us.
    The Lord Bless you with His abundant strength in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete