Thursday, March 26, 2009

It has been spring break in our area this week. One granddaughter, Mary Kathryn, has been in Chicago on a mission trip with 178 other youth from our church. We have communicated with her every day and she has had a wonderful time sharing the gospel and praying with others.

I have been reading "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young as one of my devotions this year. I love how the Lord has spoken through her to me. This week Faith was out very late coming home by herself. Anxiety began to build and I felt myself almost in panic mode. I sat down to read from "Jesus Calling" and found these words for the day: "This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go of loved ones..... In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence...."

Well, Faith is very precious to me as we have raised those two granddaughters as if they were our daughters and I am finding it harder to let go of her than it was for her mother. But, as happens so many times God had put the right words in front of me at the right time. I recommitted her to HIM and began to relax in his presence. God is so good. She made it home safely and hopefully I can remember that He will never let go of my hand and that our grandchildren and children are safe in HIS arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment